POWWFUL is an emerging Chicago-born activewear brand, started and run by women. Backed by the belief that everyone has their own personalized fitness journey, POWWFUL prides itself in creating unique pieces that celebrate individuality and self-expression. The company has a 'no neutrals' policy to match their strong voice. All of their products come in bright colors, are made with high-quality technical fabrics and are offered at reasonable price points.
They recently launched their newest collection, Power Socks on Kickstarter. Celebrating individuality and self-expression, these knee-high graduated compression socks are inspired by some of today's most pressing issues. Each pair comes with a powerful message guaranteed to keep you motivated while working hard to keep your legs and feet energized.
POWWFUL was founded in Chicago by Lotika Pai and Wen Yao in Dec 2016. Pai is an engineer with deep experience in global supply-chain management, an ex-investment banker, which makes her our resident finance and accounting geek. She brings energy, focus, direction and clarity in all that we do. Yao has an MA in Marketing Communications with experience in the fashion industry and is the creative behind the brand's product vision, prototype design, color aesthetic, and outreach.
POWWFUL Co-founders Lotika Pai & Wen Yao
Pai’s reason for founding POWWFUL was personal. She has struggled with Insulin Resistance and Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) all her adult life. "Staying active makes me happy, keeps me focused on the important things in life and helps me better manage my condition," says Pai. Yao believes every day is a good day to be active. "I demand so much from my mind and body that my daily one hour exercise is the time I give back to myself, it belongs to me and no one else," says Yao. Together they envisioned an opportunity for high quality, well designed, and functional activewear that was affordable.
Give your hard working legs & feet the daily TLC they deserve, in style and with an attitude. Wear Your Power, all day, every day!
1. How Does Graduated Compression Work
2. Benefits of wearing Graduated Compression Socks for:
- WORKOUTS: Not only do they help speed up muscle recovery, they also help stabilize muscles to prevent injuries like shin splints. Power Socks are great for marathons, triathlons, biking, golfing, dancing… really any workout!
- LONG DISTANCE TRAVEL: Did you know that over 4 hours of travel can lead to swollen legs and feet and an increased risk of blood clots in your leg? Avoid the discomfort by wearing Power Socks – your new carry-on essential.
- EXTENDED SITTING OR STANDING: If your job requires that you sit or stand for extended periods of time, it can lead to spider veins, varicose veins and a slew of health problems. Take preventative care by wearing Power Socks every day.
- PREGNANCY: Graduated compression socks help prevent blood build up in the leg veins, and help reduce common circulatory symptoms of pregnancy like edema in the ankles, varicose veins, and tired and achy feet.
- HEALTHY VEINS: Venous insufficiency can get worse over time, so it’s important to practice preventative care before any serious conditions develop. Wear Power Socks to achieve everyday vein health today and in the future!
Inhale confidence, exhale doubt with colorful activewear designed to UPLIFT and EMPOWER you!
NOTABLE MEDIA MENTIONS
ChicagoInno - Crain's Chicago Business - Fleet Feet Sports - aSweatlife - Business Journal - Chicagoist
Helping women realize their inner power to make positive fitness choices every day.
POWER HOUR by POWWFUL is a free introductory self-defense class for women to gain the necessary physical and mental skills to help prevent and de-escalate dangerous situations. The one-hour “free” women-only class teaches risk awareness and progresses to practicing basics of hands-on street-smart self-defense techniques.
POWER HOUR led by black belt Jiu-Jitsu & Muay Thai trainers
OUR MISSION & VALUES
Changing the Conversation on Fitness and Empowerment